Serving New Buffalo, Benton Harbor, St. Joseph, South Haven, Fennville, Glenn, Douglas, Saugatuck, Holland, Grand Haven, Spring Lake and Muskegon
Laura Jean - Douglas
This issue of Lake Effect Living celebrates the opening in downtown Douglas of Laura Jean, a stylish boutique for both men and women. Jeans, shoes, handbags, dresses, shirts and more, some in hard to find sizes. And don't forget to check out Laura Jean's cozy corner for visitors featuring couches, a flat screen TV and chilled wine.
Lost to the Lake: The Seabird
The Steamboat Seabird
In this issue Lake Effect Living introduces Lakeshore Vacation Rentals. Whether you're looking to rent a one-bedroom apartment, a three bedroom condo unit with a pool or a lavish beach house with more than enough space for a large group, our list of vacation rentals just made the decision of where and what to rent along the lakeshore a whole lot easier.
Food, Glorious Food:
With a continuing harvest of fresh vegetables about to commence along the lakeshore, what better way to kick off the growing season than with these delectable and easy to prepare vegetable dishes. If Mom had cooked like this, you would never have needed any coaxing to eat your vegetables when you were a kid.
ROASTED SUGAR SNAP PEAS,
- Enslaved by Ducks: How One Man Went from Head of the Household to Bottom of the Pecking Order - Non-fiction - by Bob Tarte
- The Three Weissmanns of Westport - Fiction - by Cathleen Schine
- First Comes Spring - Children's Book - by Anne Rockwell
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cow's That Type - Children's Book - written by Doreen Cronin and illustrated by Betsy Lewin
- The Dumb Bunnies' Easter - Children's Book - by Dav Pilkey
- The Last Great Wizard of Yden - Young Adult Book - by S. G. Rogers
Don't forget to read the Calendar of Events for April and May. There's always something happening on the lakeshore.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Lake Effect Living photographs
are the work and property of Sharon Pisacreta.