Serving New Buffalo, Benton Harbor, St. Joseph, South Haven, Fennville, Glenn, Douglas, Saugatuck, Holland, Grand Haven, Spring Lake and Muskegon
The Butler Pantry - Saugatuck
This issue of Lake Effect Living looks at The Butler Pantry, a gourmet kitchen shop on Butler Street in Saugatuck since 1977. The owners and 'culinary team' of Mike Usher and John Jerome have created a spacious and inviting retail space that could indeed be dubbed one-stop shopping for any foodie.
Lost to the Irish Sea: SS Laurentic
We also take a look at some of the lighthouses of Ireland in Lighting the Emerald Isle.
photo: Wikimedia Commons - karenwithak
Food, Glorious Food:
Sweets Around The World
February boasts three days that give us license to overindulge: Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras. It would be a rare household that is not going to celebrate at least one of those three occasions. This year, along with the usual treats and snacks, try whipping up one or two desserts from around the world.
CHINESE PEKING DUST,
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One - Fantasy - by George R. R. Martin
- Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping - Non-Fiction - by Paco Underhill
- Morning Glory - Romance - by LaVyrle Spencer
- Anyone But You - Romance - by Jennifer Crusie
- Ain't She Sweet? - Romance - by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The Night Before St. Patrick's Day - Children's Book - by Natasha Wing
- Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland - Children's Book - by Tomie dePaola
- Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato: An Irish Folktale - Children's Book - by Tomie dePaola
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover! - Children's Book - written by Lucille Colandro and illustrated by Jared D. Lee
Unless otherwise indicated, all Lake Effect Living photographs
are the work and property of Sharon Pisacreta.